If there was an Olympic medal for getting necklaces all tangled up in one big rubik's cube-esque knot, I would have three of them -all gold- which I would promptly then get tangled up in a whole new Olympic sized knot.
Seriously, it's a problem.
We've tried everything. I have jewelry boxes and jewelry dividers and traveling jewelry cases, but it never fails. Every three weeks or so, when I go to find a certain necklace I find it mixed in with a ball o' bling that would make even Flava Flav proud. Think grapefruit sized. I'm not even kidding.
But there is hope for me yet.
Because as good as I am at knotting up necklaces, it turns out Justin is even better at getting them untangled. It's like his super hero strength. It's unreal. And I, of course, like to take credit for helping to unearth this super power, because when I asked him the other day how long he would say he's been untangling necklaces, his answer was: well, how long have we been together? Boom.
The other night before we left for Catalina, Justin couldn't sleep. And when I woke up the next morning, this is what I found downstairs. All of my necklaces, returned to their rightful single status and laid out waiting for me. So see, he really is like a super hero....he works under the veil of darkness.
It's pretty crazy when you think about it , that out of the whole world the worst necklace knotter would meet & fall in love with the best detangler. I think it's safe to say there was a plan in place there. And that got me thinking about all of the other gaps in my life that Justin helps fill in. Here are just a few:
* I LOVE tomatoes. And he hates them. Which means he always gives me his.
* He gets ready in half the time it takes a normal human being to get ready (because clearly, whatever amount of time *I* take to get ready should be the national standard. Obviously.) Which means that he can pack the car while I continue to do battle with my hair. (Dear humidity, I hate you.)
* He is really good at cooking. Which works out really well....because I am really good at eating.
* He is some sort of technology savant and can get pretty much anything to work again. This is very handy since my approach is to just throw it out the window. We've saved a lot of windows this way.
* I wash, he dries. * Every single night, he brings me up a glass of water to bed. Which is really good, because every single night I get really thirsty.
* He likes to drive, while I prefer to dance to Carly Rae Jepsen in the car
* He lets me put on Carly Rae Jepsen in the car (and I think even secretly likes it...so call me MAYBE!!)
* He hates the smell of coffee, but he still kisses me even with my coffee breath. That should win him an award right there.
* He never hits the weight limit on his suitcase, which means that I can put my "second tier necessity" shoes in his.
* And finally, when we walk Cooper....he's the keeper of the plastic bags. 'Nuff said.
This morning I got an email from a friend telling me that she loves how Justin loves & takes care of me. And she said she hoped that I knew how lucky I am. I do. I definitely, definitely do.
**And speaking of being lucky and filling in the gaps, I just want to take a second to publicly thank each and every one of you who left a comment or sent us an email after our last blog post. Seriously, it felt like my heart was going to explode it was so full. And I'm thankful, so so thankful, to have friends like you. It meant the world to me. And I want you to know that I know how lucky I am to have you in our lives. I do. I definitely, definitely do.