Ray Your father-in-law sounds awesome. ;o)  May 7, 2010, 7:28pm

MEL I seriously love your stories......you are an amazing writer. We loved the house and we can't wait to come visit and stay in your awesome guest room. You guys are truly an inspiration! <3  May 2, 2010, 3:53pm

Tammie @MM - NICE!  May 1, 2010, 5:28pm

Gina Meola Soooooo beautifully told. AH! You have quite the way with words. Cooper and the house are looking amaaazing!  May 1, 2010, 12:09am

cassandra-m I do believe this is my most favorite photo on a blog in a long time...I LOVE it. muah guys. hope you are well....  Apr 30, 2010, 8:50pm

Rosaura Sandoval I love this story. So awesome! :) And Cooper is just too adorable! :)  Apr 30, 2010, 7:54pm

CHRIS CORNWELL Thanks Mary for the quick response. I haven't had much experience shooting with the 85mm. I try to use my 50mm most of the time as well. I love how this turned out. I might have to check it out more. Thanks!  Apr 30, 2010, 5:27pm

MM @Tammie: They are! All trimmed out, painted and with new hardware. Boo-ya! :)  Apr 30, 2010, 3:51pm

Tammie What a handsome boy you have :) Are those the built-ins you showed off a few days ago on the blog? They look great!  Apr 30, 2010, 2:58pm

Nicky Peterson Beautiful! The story, the insight your FIL had, the blessed life you lead! Happy Friday!  Apr 30, 2010, 1:22pm

Marcus Murphy Gina is laughing at me because I'm all teared up and stuff! AND I don't know why... which is sooo Mary! So good. LOVE.  Apr 30, 2010, 1:02pm

Caitlin ah this made me tear up, love this post!  Apr 30, 2010, 12:52pm

MM @Chris: Strangely enough, the 85 1.4 Strange b/c I almost always shoot with the 50, but I didn't feel like digging it out. So I just backed way up to make it feel like a 50. :)  Apr 30, 2010, 12:43pm

CHRIS CORNWELL What a good dog! What lens did you use for this shot?  Apr 30, 2010, 12:33pm

lesley Aww, you just made me cry!! Hahaha nicely done! :)  Apr 30, 2010, 12:33pm

Melissa Gartner Cooper is just sooooooooooo adorable!! He is just so cute it made my day!  Apr 30, 2010, 12:15pm

Cynthia Brown LOVE these built-ins! I'm in the same construction mess, in fact also gasping at $4,000 sconces that I feel I must have! Great job guys!  Apr 30, 2010, 12:00pm

MM @Nicole: Welllllll....we're almost done making it not a health hazard! :P But we definitely have miles to go before we sleep!  Apr 30, 2010, 11:50am

Nicole Glenn Such a sweet story! Super excited that you guys are almost done!!! It must feel amazing! AND, as usual, Cooper is too cute for words. xoxo  Apr 30, 2010, 11:42am

Julia You have got one handsome son there!! I just want to squeeze him! :)  Apr 30, 2010, 11:14am

Michelle Clark I can't take the cuteness! Anyone that sees the two of you, can see the love between you. I was reading over my notes from STL just yesterday! Thanks again for all your inspiration!  Apr 30, 2010, 11:14am

Anna This is the kind of story you can't pull away from...you just want to know what happens! Goldens are incredible dogs, but above all, all dogs in general are wonderful friends!  Apr 30, 2010, 11:12am

MM @Christa: THAT would be awesome! I love the name Boone!  Apr 30, 2010, 10:37am

Christa I really want to meet you guys just so Boone & Cooper can play :) It'd be like their own mini golden retreiver meet ...he, he  Apr 30, 2010, 10:35am

Jen Otchy Such a great story. Isn't it funny how loved ones can see things before we do? Cooper is sooooo cute. I just wanna hug him!  Apr 30, 2010, 10:35am

Sarah Oh Copper makes me want a dog soooo bad...he is just so stinkin' cute!!!  Apr 30, 2010, 10:22am

Paul Manke He is just so stinkin cute!!  Apr 30, 2010, 10:22am