Rosa Very helpful!! I think I would be a LOT more productive if I kept a to do list :( ... this post has motivated me, especially because your tips are very practical.. thank you!  Oct 11, 2012, 5:47pm

Kaht I just found this post while "catching up" on my favorite blogs and have to say, thank you! I have to do lists galore and might need to make them winning lists instead. :) Thank you. :)  Aug 20, 2012, 3:56pm

Bethany Ann I could have used this Sunday when I had so much on my mind that I decided not to have a "Sunday" and worked instead. :( I need to learn not to beat myself up! I love this concept of winning the day though. :) Thank you for this!!  Jul 24, 2012, 1:40pm

Kristin S. I've been meaning to comment and also say this: Hugs. :) I'm also a big fan of breaking things down into smaller, surmountable tasks. Good luck with all your work!  Jul 23, 2012, 12:02am

Jenn Thanks for sharing! Such a good reminder!  Jul 22, 2012, 6:17pm

Alicia Schneider That was awesome! Thank you for this...I am right in the midst of that spinning "I don't know what to do first" phase and I already have written on my chalk board "Win the Day" !  Jul 22, 2012, 9:46am

Catherine I loved this post, the to do list panic started fading as I read more and more. I set myself so much to do each day that I often 'fail' having to carry over things from yesterday to todays already far too long list doesn't make me feel much better either. I'm now actually looking forward to winning the day, thanks for sharing.  Jul 21, 2012, 3:18am

David Thank you so much for this Mary - this post could not have come at a better time for me. I will try to focus on "grace" rather than "perfection" from now on. So grateful to you for sharing this. Best wishes!  Jul 20, 2012, 8:04pm

Ashley This post was sooo what I needed today! Thank you!  Jul 20, 2012, 6:54pm

Ciiku Yours posts are the best Mary. Seriously. They make my days!  Jul 20, 2012, 7:11am

Lesley This post was perfect timing for me as I'm going through a HUGE transition between changing careers, moving across the world, and also trying to keep my business running. Thanks so much for sharing!! :D  Jul 20, 2012, 5:20am

Shannon Rosan SOOOOO NEEDED THIS POST!!!! Thank you!!  Jul 20, 2012, 3:02am

Allison Andres THIS is just what I needed. I was quietly crying into my beer (IN PUBLIC, how embarassing) about how I am so overwhelmed. I am happy to be this busy, because that means that I am doing something right but I'm still at my "desk job" for the next 6 months! I need to remember that if I can have little victories every day, I'll make it through this year without a meltdown!  Jul 19, 2012, 10:14pm

DASHY Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you so much for this blog post! =) The busy peak of summer wedding season has taken over me...and this post just truly came in good timing. I have been making my "to do" lists....but most definitely more inviting to call it "Win The Day". Love the idea of completing the day with grace rather than perfection - gives more focus and productivity. =)  Jul 19, 2012, 7:19pm

MartaV Thank you so much for this! Seriously, it was perfect timing. I was practicaly having heart palpatations this morning at the thought of all I have to do. Thanks for putting it in perspective. WIN THE DAY!  Jul 19, 2012, 5:29pm

Stephanie Dougher Oh my, how true does this ring? I am so prone to just staring at the gigantor list of things I need to do that I often end up getting NONE of it done. Thanks for the encouragement as always, Mary!  Jul 19, 2012, 4:34pm

athena love it. LOVE the idea of recurring items. I need to remember to do those things because they are the easiest to forget. Read a story before bedtime. Look in the mirror and like what I see. Relax (yeah, sad that it has to be on a list!) . Maybe this is what I've been missing ... what I've been needing. Thanks for sharing!!  Jul 19, 2012, 4:31pm

Lauren Wakefield I SOOO needed this right now. I currently can't breath and am in a state of paralysis. Win the day...got it.  Jul 19, 2012, 4:04pm

Stephanie Stewart AMEN! Love this approach! I stopped calling my "to-do" lists and changed it to "t0-accomplish" because it felt less intimidating...however, I think I may like "Win the Day" even more! Now off to do that very thing! Thank you! :)  Jul 19, 2012, 3:23pm

Carissa THIS blog post FTW.  Jul 19, 2012, 2:51pm

patricia you are going to do an incredible job here in Maine on Spring's wedding! I hope you have a wonderful time, and I appreciate these types of posts they keep me going :)  Jul 19, 2012, 2:50pm

rich these are awesome tips - the recurring items is definitely something i never thought of - always trying to do one-time items!  Jul 19, 2012, 1:41pm

Sarah Thank you so much! Super encouraging to read & a good reminder to celebrate the little victories as they happen.  Jul 19, 2012, 1:26pm

Sarah Syhakhoun Hi Mary! Thank you for sharing this "win the day" principle. I know I am over-stressed when I just sit and wallow in my frustration. That's when I know I have so much going on that I feel paralyzed because I don't know where to begin. I love this post you shared because knowing I can still "win the day" even if I don't get everything done (which of course could not happen when I am that stressed out with things to do). You inspired me to go out and win the day today! Thank you! :)  Jul 19, 2012, 12:58pm

Sarajane Case This is, of course, exactly what I needed today! Thanks!  Jul 19, 2012, 12:43pm

Wendy Wilson Mary! I could hardly read this fast enough! My brain couldn't keep up with trying to devour this wonderful advice! :) Thank you as always for sharing goodness. Now me sharing this post is officially on my Win Today list.  Jul 19, 2012, 12:37pm

Christina Oh this has been me today. Well, actually for the past few weeks. I was even thinking "Why am I reading this blog right now, I have SO much to do!" Thank you, my husband tells me this all the time. That I need to just stop thinking "OMG! I need to get this done, and this and this and this and...etc" Focus on the one at a time things. And getting those daily things done will make me sigh in relief. Thanks for this.  Jul 19, 2012, 12:34pm

Laura Pedrino Oh I am so glad you wrote about this today! Thank you for the encouraging words :)  Jul 19, 2012, 12:33pm

Caitlin Sullivan Love this! Thanks for sharing, Mary!  Jul 19, 2012, 12:17pm

ashley barnett Dude, seriously was just sitting here staring at my computer screen, sitting on my temperpedic mattress topper that has no sheets because I'm trying to wash all the laundry today and clean the entire apartment before I have guests this weekend and I was frozen with the worry that I had so much to do today and no way I could do it all. So I decided to read ya'lls blog for a moment of escape and this is what I came to. Perfect :) I've started keeping little notes in my iPhone that say "Monday Things" or "Wednesday Things" that are just that...THINGS I'd like to get done. It feels so much more flexible than a "To-do" list, and there's something satisfying about hitting that back button to delete out the things I've done!  Jul 19, 2012, 12:06pm